Head Office Fitout
OIL Search PNG
Completion Date: 2017
PME were engaged by Multiple Construction Companies to supply and install the Electrical, Communications, Electronic Fire detection and Gaseous Fire Suppression systems over 5 floors of an existing building comprising the Oil Search PNG Head Office.
This project required the interface between PME and a number of Construction Companies and as well interfacing with the client subcontractors to ensure a successful outcome for the client within a very short build timeframe. PME completed the fitout of over 4000 sqm of office, medical, data centre, and recreational space within the 6 months time frame without an LTI.
The Project Scope comprised the following:
- Design, Supply and Install and certification of Electronic, MASDS and Gaseous Suppression fire systems within the client’s Data Centre, including over pressure relief system.
- Design, Supply and Installation of 10 GB Structured cabling network including CAT6A horizontal cabling throughout the floors supported be MPO vertical fibre trunks throughout the building making the IT network resilient and future proof.
- Designed customised switch boards to cater for integration with UPS systems including mechanical wrap around bypass switching with fortress key locking system to allow for maintenance on the UPS.
- Integration of the new electronic fire system into the existing building fire system with full 100% testing completed prior to occupancy.
- Total electrical fitout including strip out of base building electrical works and installation of new sub-circuitry for lights and power including UPS supplies.
- Full compliance of electrical installation to AS 3003 within the medical centre with special attention given to the body protected and cardiac protected areas.
This was an extremely ambitious project undertaken by PME, with the involvement of a number of principal contractors, client sub-contractors and PME sub-contractors across numerous floors of the same building whilst maintaining a very short project schedule in order for the client to move in on time. The commitment shown by the staff of PME to the project became evident during the final walk down prior to completion with the quality delivered shown to be exceptional. We are delighted to have been involved in delivering our first IT future proof infrastructure and look forward to helping other clients achieve the same ambitious goals.
Design, Supply and Install