Established in country for over 40 years
PME’s Electrical Construction Division has been established in country for over 40 years and has participated on many major marque projects in Port Moresby.
For your commercial needs, we offer the following services:
- Engineering & Design
- Complete Shop Fitouts and Refurbishments
- Tenancy Meter Separations
- Main Switchboards and Distribution Boards
- Office Fit-outs
- Contract Service
- Light and Power ( upgrades, service, installations)
- Category 5 and 6 Phone, Data and Telecom Block Cabling
- Fibre Optic Installation
- Exit and Emergency Lighting Installation, Testing and Repairs
- Consumer mains & Sub-Mains
- Floodlighting and Security Lighting
- Lightening and Surge Protection
- RCD Safety Switches
- 24 Hour, 7 Day Emergency Service (1 hour response)
- And all other electrical, data and communication requirements
PME has also undertaken remote electrical construction projects throughout PNG with highly successful outcomes.
- PME’s Electrical Services can provide a design and construct service that is tailored to each clients needs. We offer an innovative service to ensure all clients are given the personal attention to ensure that each electrical project is completed to exact specifications.
- PME’s Electrical Services has extensive experience in providing its clients the complete range of electrical services required in all aspects of the construction industry.
- PME’s Electrical Services has experience in a vast range of environments from refurbishing units to working in remote locations away from home on large and small constructions sites of all types. Therefore we have the ability to service clients throughout PNG. Whatever your project, the working environment will present no problem to our versatile and experienced electricians but more importantly our hard working staff will present no problem to you.
- Our team of Electricians are aware that even a small problem can lead to huge delays, PME Electrical Services can offer excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- On each construction project a team of qualified electricians working with experienced management will take control and handle all unforeseen problems with minimum hassle to our clients.
- PME Electrical Services provide outstanding electrical services to Commercial clients. We have experience in providing an extensive range of electrical services and electrical contractors to a vast selection of businesses, government departments, facilities and community organisations.
- Whilst offices continue to operate, retail stores continue to trade and many organisations apply their attention to providing their key products and services, the staff at AJG Electrical Services work safely and efficiently ensuring that all services are completed to your standards.
We are confident that whatever your situation may be, our competent staff here at PME Electrical Services will exceed your standards with minimal disruption to your business, staff, clientele and yourself.
The right partners for your construction project
With over 40 years in the industry, we’ve shared our innovative solutions and superior expertise with our partners in all major marque projects in Port Moresby. PME’s electrical construction division is renowned for our commitment to excellence, customer service, and safety—and we’re proud to assist clients across a wide range of industries, in both metropolitan and remote locations, with our specialist services.
Electrical solutions for the construction industry
PME are specialists in electrical construction. We’ve got the right solutions for your business, whether you need advice in the planning and engineering stages of your project, or professional skills in electrical installation, testing, or ongoing service and repairs.
PME can help you with all of your electrical construction needs. At a glance, our scope of services includes:
- Electrical engineering and design: involving planning, project management, and certification for all commercial, industrial, retail, government, and domestic projects;
- Fitouts and refurbishments: including demolition, complete shop fitouts and renovations, tenancy meter separations; and certification;
- Main switchboards and distribution boards: including upgrades, servicing and repairs of consumer mains and sub-mains;
- Lighting and power: including design, installation, upgrades, and service of domestic and commercial lighting and power, including specialist floodlighting and security lighting;
- Emergency electrical: including all installation, testing and repairs of exit and emergency lighting, security systems and alarms, and fire services systems;
- Electrical safety: including installation, testing, repair and certification of lightning and surge protection and RCD safety switches;
- Data and electrical: for both commercial and domestic properties, including Category 5 and 6 phone, data and telecom block cabling and fibre optic installation;
- Contract service: to ensure your building is compliant with legislation and codes for safety and certification; and a
- 24-hour, 7-day emergency service: with a 1-hour response time.
Electrical engineering and design
At PME, we’re specialists in the construction industry. With over 40 years of experience, we’re your trusted partner in electrical services, no matter the size and scope of your project. Whether you’re starting a construction project from scratch, or you need professional advice and skill during demolition and refurbishment, PME are your providers of safe and efficient electrical services.
We offer a comprehensive range of services in electrical engineering and design, including:
- Project management and planning: to ensure that your electrical services are installed according to the relevant codes and regulations, and that work is conducted at the correct stages of the project, integrating seamlessly and safely with other trades;
- Electrical design: to ensure that your electrical services—including lighting, power, phone and data—are appropriate for your operations and your building, meeting the needs of your business and keeping you compliant with the standards of your governing bodies;
- Energy-saving consultations: to ensure that you make responsible decisions about electrical design and products in the planning stages of your project, so you can enjoy the financial and environmental benefits of energy-saving electrical solutions into the future; and
- Certification: to ensure that your electrical services are installed, repaired and serviced according to the relevant government and industry codes for health and safety, and your business remains compliant and viable.
It’s critical to a successful outcome to get the right advice and expertise in the planning stages of your project. PME can comprehensively plan and manage your electrical services throughout every stage of your project, ensuring that your building is safe, efficient, and compliant at completion, coming in under budget and on time.
Electrical safety and emergency services
At PME, we’re committed to safety. It’s the first priority for our electrical division, because we care about our own workers as much as we care about your building’s occupants—and your business’s compliance with safety standards. That’s why we provide a complete suite of electrical safety and emergency services, delivering the right advice and the highest standard of technical skill to ensure that your building is as safe as it can possibly be.
Our electrical team provides a complete range of emergency and safety services for the construction industry, including:
- Exit and emergency lighting: including installation, testing, repairs, and certification of all illuminated exit signs and passage lights;
- Fire safety systems: including smoke detectors and fire alarms, sprinkler systems, gas suppression systems, and fire and smoke door systems;
- Security systems and alarms: including CCTV, security lighting and alarms, movement sensors, infrared security monitoring, and access controls; and
- Safety switches: including lightning and surge protection, and RCD safety switches.
At PME, our highly skilled professionals are always available to share their expertise in electrical safety. We’ve got a wealth of knowledge on industry regulations and safety standards, so ask us for uniquely tailored advice, and we’ll be happy to help protect your property and your building occupants with our specialist solutions.
Upgrades, testing and service
Over time, your electrical systems can reach a point where they’re no longer meeting the needs of your business. This is particularly true if you’re in an aging building, you’re renovating your premises, or you’ve measurably expanded your operations. Overloaded electrical systems are slow, unreliable, and most importantly, dangerous: which is why you should have an electrical services professional regularly assess your needs and determine whether your systems are operating as they should.
As part of our specialist construction electrical suite, PME offers a range of servicing and upgrade services, including:
- Switchboard and data upgrades: overhauling or replacing switchboards, mains power, and data and electrical services to bring them in line with your building’s operational needs, while leaving plenty of room in your system for future expansion;
- Testing and tagging: ensuring that your fixed electrical systems and portable devices are in good working order, and providing the correct documentation for certification and compliance with the standards of your governing bodies;
- Contract service: regularly scheduling servicing so your electrical systems remain compliant with building codes, industry standards, and legislation, to keep your business certified and viable; and
- Emergency repairs and fault finding: which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a 1 hour response time, so your building is always safe and operational.
PME’s professional construction electrical team can schedule automatic servicing for your systems as part of your ongoing commitment to electrical safety and meeting your obligations as a building owner. Contact us to find out more about how we can keep your business operational with specially tailored solutions to your electrical and data needs.