Ok Tedi Mine Waste & Tailings Project
Ok Tedi Mining Limited
Completion Date: December 2008
Port Moresby Electrical provided installation and pre-commissioning services for a Pyrite Tailings Extraction Facility comprising 2 x Flotation Unit Modules each capable of treating 2,000 to 2,500 mtpd of Mill feed, retrofit of 2x50m diameter Thickeners, interconnecting and tie-in facilities, a PAX Plant, a 250mm diameter 140km pipeline complete with a Slurry Pump Station, 2x valve and Scraper stations.
The contract works included a substantial upgrade of Ok Tedi’s existing electrical infrastructure and the complex had fully automated and integrated process control system. E&I Commissioning services were provided to take the facility to early operation status.
- Engineering and design
- Schedule procurement of materials
- Installation of all Electrical, data, telecommunications
- Installation of Instrumentation
- Installation and commissioning of large variable speed drives
- Installation of High Voltage Transformers switch yards, switchboards and motor drives
- Rebuild of existing electrical services for production plant
- Logistics support for projects